I think anthropologists and archaeologists are widely misunderstood as doughy academics, when in fact, the experienced academic in such fields have the potential to be badass zombie killers wielding sharp and blunted instruments of pain (if everyone could stop arguing for like a sec):
- trowels can be sharp as fuck
- can (hopefully) read a map; knows how to navigate being in the middle of nowhere
- a group could be skilled in creating underground and trench complexes for easy, undetected movement
- knows how to handle a corpse
- construction equipment
- more shovels
- small bunkers to hide in, aka “department offices”
- hopefully somebody knows an experimental archaeologist or two, so everyone can flint knap and create weaponry, negotiate adaptive diets, create makeshift dwellings and medical equipment and all the while have really elaborate hairstyles
- some can team with with other scientists to look at whether a virus is causing the dead to rise, and then develop something to stop it
- alcohol. because reasons.
Add your suggestions as to how anthropologists and archaeologists could survive a zombie apocalypse!